Tree maintenance is important for the health of your trees and the safety of any people and structures nearby. A large tree falling over can cause a lot of destruction, which is why some trees—like the unhealthy or heavily-damaged ones—need to be secured or removed by a professional. But knowing what is best for your trees can be difficult when you aren’t sure of your options. This is where a certified tree care specialist comes into play. He or she will evaluate and thoroughly inspect the tree in question and recommend a course of action, such as stabilization or removal.
The following information is a breakdown of tree bracing and tree cabling in Paso Robles, CA and what they entail.
Tree bracing and tree cabling
An old tree can appear strong and sturdy standing out in your yard, but there are several factors that can compromise its ability to stay that way. Severe weather like wild winds and hail and a lack of proper branch growth can affect the integrity of any tree. A sizable fallen limb can do a lot of harm to landscaping, structures and vehicles. When you have concerns, talk to a tree specialist about tree cabling and bracing to protect your trees from harm and prevent damage to your property:
- Tree bracing: This is a method used by tree care professionals to add support to cracked or otherwise damaged branches. They need to assess the situation so they know what size braces are needed. However, sometimes the entire tree needs bracing to remove the threat of harm or damage.
- Tree cabling: This method of stabilizing trees uses tension to support tree limbs that are at risk of cracking or breaking, or that are already damaged but still salvageable. Different from a clamp support, tree cabling is a long-term solution that can reduce the chances of further damage to your trees and help them regain their strength.
The benefits of both
Tree cabling and bracing are used mostly to add support to fully grown trees with structural damage to their branches, but simplified versions are used to brace new, young trees to control their growth patterns from the start. This lends a hand to proper development of young and old trees, as well as other benefits:
- Improve safety: While large trees provide natural shade, they may not be so stable. To protect people and property from falling trees and limbs, find out if cabling or bracing your damaged tree would be beneficial.
- Promote tree health: The healthier the tree, the longer it will live and provide shade in your yard. Cabling and bracing are ideal for damaged or weakened mature trees that are still relatively healthy, as opposed to having to remove them.
- Reduce energy costs: When the right shade trees are planted in ideal locations around a home or business, they can reduce the owner’s cooling and heating costs.
If you are looking for more information about tree cabling and tree bracing in Paso Robles, CA, look no further than Neumann & Sons Tree Service. Call us today to schedule a consultation!